Although it seems very simple, taking screenshots on the pc has always been a tedious procedure. It was just recently that the operating systems of Mac and Windows decided to include applications to perform this procedure more efficiently, but even so the options they offer are scarce, and therefore many people continue to use the primitive procedure of pressing the Prnt Scrn key and paste the screenshot in another image processing program.
Snagit 2019 is here to solve this conflict once and for all. With a single program you can capture your screen, edit it, share it, and even record video of your screen easily and quickly, without having to resort to other applications.
Now that we live permanently connected to computers is mandatory to be able to take screenshots. Is then a good investment to acquire Snagit 2019? How much superior is this program with respect to the basic functions of the pc? Next I answer those questions in this Snagit 2019 Review.
Snagit Functions and Features
The main attraction of Snagit is its multiplicity of options and tools. This program covers all the needs that a user may have when making a screenshot and also requires very little skill to learn how to use it.
Below I mention their most outstanding features and functions:
- Capture any part of your screen: With Snagit, if you can see it, you can capture it. Choose freely which part of the screen you want to capture. You can choose from full screen to just a button or an image within a window, or simply draw a rectangle over the specific space you want to capture. You can also create scrolling screenshots on long pages.
- Custom edition of the capture: As soon as you select the screen space you want to capture, Snagit immediately sends it to the editing interface. If you don’t want to edit it, you can simply save or copy it, but if there’s something you don’t like about the capture, you can easily modify it: move buttons, delete personal data, rotate the image, and more.
- Add details to the capture: The Techsmith team knows that most of the time we take the capture to show data or explain processes, so they offer us a wide variety of tools to complement the capture with explanatory details, such as: arrows, lines, figures, dialogue clouds, text, labels, highlighters, among many others.
- Combine images: Snagit saves in its catalog all the captures you make, so later you can combine several of them and make collages, memes or explanatory posters.
- Record video from the screen: Have you heard the phrase “Show rather than tell”? To make life easier when we want to make a tutorial, share a gameplay or show our progress on drawing, Snagit allows us to record everything that happens on our screens and save it as an MP4 file or as an animated Gif.
- Grab Text: You can now deal with web pages that do not allow copying. Snagit offers the option of extracting the existing text in the screenshots and exporting it to a text processing program such as Office Word.
- Share or export your screenshot: When you are satisfied with your screenshot you can go to the share button and choose one of the many places to send your screenshot. The generic way is through Screencast.com, where you can upload any of your screenshots and instantly get a URL to share with your friends or co-workers. You can also send the capture to other services or social networks, such as Google Drive, Youtube and Facebook.
Pros and Cons of Snagit
As useful as a program may seem, it is essential to know it in depth before making an investment. Taking this into account, I share with you the main pros and cons of having this program:
- Capture all the spaces on the screen, even when you have to scroll to see the content.
- Records video from your screen including video games.
- Capture editor with advanced options.
- Direct options for sharing and exporting
- Easy to use and customizable
- Free trial for 15 days
- More expensive than other capture programs
- Slow speed to run some options
- Allows only 1 format to export videos.
On this basis I can only say that Snagit’s functions far exceed the possibilities you have for taking and editing your captures with the basic tools of your computer, and if you often take captures the best decision you can make is an investment in this program. To save time and avoid annoyances at the time of making captures, Snagit 2019 is the one.