There are many reasons why we might need a program that allows us to record what we are seeing on the screen of our computer, so it is always good to have at hand a program that takes care of it. I test Camtasia 2018 to see how well it performs as a screen recorder and video tutorial maker. Read the Camtasia review results for more.
The Camtasia video tutorial making software is a popular and powerful editor that connoisseurs of the digital edition choose because of its easy handling and one-time payment. All this and more makes this tool the ideal one to create your tutorials and different effects that you will know better in this article.
What is Camtasia?
If there is a program by excellence to produce video tutorials, for me, this would be Camtasia. It is a software that allows to record the screen of the computer in video, that is to say, it captures everything that is happening on the screen and saves it in a video file. But it doesn’t just stop there, it also provides all the video editing and production tools to create high quality videos in any format: Camtasia offers all the tools you’ll need to create all kinds of video tutorials.
Is Camtasia Free?
Camtasia Studio can be downloaded freely and you have full access to the program’s features for 30 days, which is more than enough to try it, check if you are interested and buy the license if you want to give a long-term use to it. This strategy of free trial with 100% use of the program is undoubtedly very interesting for people to dare to buy the software. Its reasonable price for the features it provides, along with the series of video tutorials the software provides for you to learn how to handle it, have made of Camtasia a very tempting product in a short time.
It allows capturing in video everything that appears on screen, regardless of the resolution of the monitor, as well as recording audio directly from the microphone simultaneously. In addition, you can record from your web cam or from a video camera connected as a web cam.
It allows you to edit the video and work with various types of input formats, depending on your digital camera or camcorder. You can also work with many other multimedia sources, such as images, sound, etc.
At the time of editing, it allows you to put text and image headlines to present the video, or even interactive content, which can be experienced if we produce the video in Flash format.
It has many other interesting editing options, such as the ability to zoom in to enlarge certain areas of the screen, if you need to show some details in the video. In addition, to give another example, it has really simple options to use for sound improvement, such as removing background noise from the recording or increasing the volume.
When exporting a video, supports many formats (Flash, MPG, AVI, Mov, WMA and others), different resolutions and even with high definition features, which makes Camtasia Studio an ideal program to export to any type of device or media playback, whether on CD, DVD, web pages, Ipod, and many others.
In general, there is no doubt that Camtasia Studio is a program that is worth exploring and if you are thinking about making several videos, it is worth buying, since it will save you many complications and time in the process of editing the video and its export.
To help you learn how to use it they have available a series of video tutorials that in a few hours will open the world of the creation of professional quality videos.
- Record mouse movements: You can capture mouse movements, highlight it, make it bigger, and change the color so that it is noticeable with a circle around it.
- Show keystrokes: You can record the keys you type on the screen so you can also add subtitles to the videos and each phrase you say.
- Add notes and annotations: Add notes, captions, shapes, screen zoom and more. Camtasia Studio helps you better express your message to your audience.
- Moving Graphics: Camtasia brings by default plenty of moving animations you can add to the beginning or the end of your video, and in this way you can create the brand of your videos.
- Music tracks: The software includes a gallery with royalty-free music to add into the videos, and also allows to import audio files from your computer.
- Webcam recording: Record with your camera while also recording the screen, easily and quickly.
What I like
- Easy to navigate: Camtasia Studio has different sections for easy navigation, as well as a simple learning curve, so that you learn to use it in a short time.
- Eye-catching transitions: The transitions you can add between images or videos are really eye-catching, designed to capture the viewer’s attention.
- One payment: Forget about recurring payments, here you only make one payment and the program itself warns you when updates occur.
- Size for social media: You can export your videos already with the ideal size to publish it in the Youtube channel. You will have no problem if the image is shorter or bigger, Camtasia takes care of that.
Camtasia: The best video tutorial maker
To finish, is it convenient to buy Camtasia Studio? Well, if your intention is to create videos from what appears on screen and you want to edit those videos for uploading them onto your social networks, or show them at a job conference, buying Camtasia will be nothing less than a necessary investment. With the purchase of the software, its license allows you to use it in 2 different systems, both Windows and Mac.
In conclusion, with Camtasia Studio you have a very complete tool to make tutorials, video effects, eye-catching transitions, pleasant music… in short, lots of options you can have forever in exchange for a pretty low one-time fee.
If you would like to learn more about video editing software check your article about Top 10 best video editing software.