If you want to start in the world of photography or improve in some aspect as a photographer, this article will interest you. Have you heard about Udemy? Udemy is an online course and training marketplace created in 2009 that currently has more than 60,000 courses in a wide range of subjects, including different photography courses, and more than 15 million students. Without wasting any more time, today I bring to you the best online photography courses on Udemy.
Top 4 online photography courses on Udemy
This list doesn’t follow a particular order and each course touches on a specific topic of photography that can serve you on your way to becoming a better photographer.
The Best Online Professional Photography Class: How to Take Amazing Photos for Beginners & Advanced Photographers
- Number of students: 73,190
- Ratings: 13,222 ratings
We start with the course with the highest number of ratings, and is not for less, as it is one of the most complete beginners’ courses in Udemy. This Masterclass includes more than 21 hours of video and covers a large number of aspects necessary for any photographer.
What will you learn from this course? Let me give you the details:
- Gear: Getting to know your equipment, how it works and its characteristics. You will learn to choose the type of gear you need and the one you should buy for the different types of photography.
- Manual mode: Learn to use the manual mode in its entirety, say goodbye to the automatic modes that greatly limit the capacity of your camera and your artistic ideas.
- Photographer eye: learn how to compose the picture, how to use natural light or flash properly to illuminate our picture and know the best camera settings to take better pictures.
- Retouching: You probably wonder: How can I edit my photos like a professional? This Masterclass teaches you.
- Start a business: Learn how you can make money from photography.
- Different styles: Portrait, long exposures, landscape, street and product are of the most popular categories included. Also, you will be able to find out how to take better pictures with your
Without a doubt, one of the most complete online courses for beginners/medium level photographers.
Your complete guide to editing beautiful photos in Adobe Lightroom Classic CC and Adobe Lightroom CC, both versions!
- Number of students: 39,942
- Ratings: 3,250
Every good photographer knows that editing photographs is a fundamental part of creating stunning images, and this course knows it too, so get ready for the little more than 10 hours of learning.
As the course title says, you’ll learn how to use Adobe Lightroom Classic CC & CC, two of the most professionally used programs by millions of photographers worldwide.
- Get to know Lightroom: Everything you need to know about the interface and navigation in Lightroom, in any of its 2 versions, Classic CC and CC.
- Configure properly: Set up your Lightroom to get the most out of your computer, and learn how to use the mobile version to edit along the way.
- Add your photos: Learn how to import your photos into the program, as well as the different types of organization for your gallery.
- Edit: What everyone wants to get quickly into: editing techniques, from the most basic to the most advanced ones.
And much more. If you want a professional edition to be recognized on all your photos don’t miss out on this course for nothing in the world.
Your Online Guide to Taking Stunning iPhone Photography Like a Professional Digital Photographer
- Number of students: 7,846
- Ratings: 2,256
It’s no secret that the iPhone camera can take beautiful pictures, even National Geographic has a photo section taken with these devices. If you have an iPhone and want to learn how to improve as a photographer using it, this course is definitely for you.
Learn how to get the most out of your iPhone camera:
- The perfect settings: learn how to configure your iPhone for the different types of photography you can do: portrait, architecture, Street, etc.
- Professional look: So that when people see your photos they think you have a DSLR due to the quality and professionalism of them.
- Shot composition: The best way to improve as a photographer is to learn how to compose photography, so it won’t matter so much what kind of equipment you have if you can take beautiful photos with a good composition.
- Editing: Learn how to use the mobile version of Lightroom or the photo editing program of your choice.
Without a doubt, a course that is worthwhile if you are an iPhone user and don’t have the desire or the money to buy a DSLR.
Learn how to impress your followers with perfectly composed photographs which stand out in the crowd on every platform.
- Number of students: 21,891
- Ratings: 951
Composition is undoubtedly a key part of good photography, so to improve as a photographer, you have to improve your compositions. This course has just over 5 hours of teaching, and what you learn here will serve you for all the photos you take in your life, no matter what device or target you choose.
What will you learn here?
- Ground rules: rule of thirds, Golden ratio, Fibonacci Spiral, among others.
- Ideal distance: Should I take the picture here or do I go a little further away? You will answer this kind of crucial doubts.
- Patience: Learn to think a little more before each photo, to get the ideal composition.
- Better composition: The course comes with many examples of composition with its proper explanation. 5 hours to learn how to make better photographic composition is definitely a good deal.
With this course full of examples and explanations you will learn how to take much better photographs, no matter if you are just starting out or if you already have certain notions of photography.
Udemy offers you the facility to learn how to be a better photographer from the comfort of your home, office or mobile device, something you won’t get in many places. The top 4 presented here today covers different aspects of photography that you should know in depth, and each has a professional quality, so do not hesitate to choose the one you need the most!
If you would like to learn about photo editing software check our article about Best photo editing software in 2019.